Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amd2800 said:
eric atleast tyler is getting his versions of xp etc from a good source n legal source

if my memory serve me correctly...

Ain't you the guy that was crying about how bad you needed vista and I gave you the link to get it?

My media center was legit. I'm always upgrading my personal computer to the latest specs. when I get done building it, I then sell my old one for whatever it cost me to build the new one (sometimes I sell it for more).

in that MCE case, I sold the guy the amd 2800 (which incidentally wasn't fast enough for MCE 2005) computer that had the mce serial on it. I didn't know him so I couldn't find him and retrieve that key (I put xp pro on it, after I transfer my mce to mine). the next time that I formatted, I realizes I didn't have the key.

So I borrowed one from the internet until I could get righted again. I know have another legit serial.

tyler gets everything for free. then he cries about everybody that pirated their software. he's too hypercritical to notice that they want their software the same way that he got his.

And I'm sure there is no need for hostility and flaming. Back onto the Vista topic, yes it will include advapi32.dll and track everything which is wrong in itself but that isn't inhertitly Vista's fault as it was in every windows since 95B you can't blame Vista for that.

Tyler1989 said:
And I'm sure there is no need for hostility and flaming. Back onto the Vista topic, yes it will include advapi32.dll and track everything which is wrong in itself but that isn't inhertitly Vista's fault as it was in every windows since 95B you can't blame Vista for that.

yes we can cuz like 95 it was created by microsoft

According to sources close to Microsoft, the company has finalised the editions that they will be releasing mid-end of October 2006.

To co-inside with the 5 year anniversary of Windows XP, Microsoft will release the following editions:

-Windows Vista
-Windows Vista Business
-Windows Vista Business N
-Windows Vista Home Basic
-Windows Vista Home Basic N
-Windows Vista Home Premium
-Windows Vista Small Business
-Windows Vista Ultimate

Microsoft is clearly adhering to the European Commissions ruling that an unbundled version of Windows (without Windows Media Player) needs to be available to all OEMs and retail outlets hence forth.

Unfortunately we're unsure of the specifics of each version as this has not been finalised yet.

On February 16, Microsoft will be disclosing the Office "12" SKU line-up, product branding, and some directional pricing information to the press.

The February 16 date is a press-focused event wherein the company will issue a press release and hold calls with members of the press.

-New product names and enhanced Office logo and branding.
-Office client SKU line-up and the individual products that are included in each edition.
-Office server SKU line-up and the licensing/CAL information for each product, except RTC and Exchange.
-Some directional pricing information.

This is the first time Microsoft will openly reveal information so early on in a product release cycle. The company aims to ensure that customers are aware of certain features, product branding and pricing in order to early adopt the product.

Windows Vista boot times to pass by in a Flash

Windows Vista will give the NAND Flash market a big kick when it ships, Samsung has claimed, thanks to technology integrated into the new Microsoft operating system that will allow USB Flash drives to expand a PC's main memory bank, along with support for Flash caches in hard drives to accelerate boot times.

The upshot: increased use of Flash devices with PCs will drive the Flash memory market almost as much as the MP3 player boom has, Don Barnetson Samsung USA Flash marketing chief said yesterday in an interview with EETimes

Vista's External Memory Device (EMD) technology will boost demand for Flash first. It allows the system to grab USB-connected storage as system memory, using the addition capacity as a half-way house between a true RAM disk and the hard drive. Vista copies over apps and data it anticipates the user will want, allowing them to be subsequently read into RAM far more quickly than they would from the hard drive.

Building Flash directly into hard drives is the next step and provides the same facility - a way to get key data, including the OS itself, off the drive much more quickly, accelerating not only application load times but the start-up sequence too. Crucially, it doesn't have to take into account the fact that the USB Flash drive might have been removed, as EMD does.

If EMD takes off, expect PC makers to add an internal USB slot for the purpose, Barnetson said. It's certainly going to be the cheaper solution until Flash-equipped HDDs become mainstream.

According to market watcher iSuppli, Samsung was the biggest NAND Flash maker in 2005, taking 52.9 per cent of the market thanks to sales totalling $5.74bn, up 47 per cent on 2004's total, $3.9bn. Toshiba, with a market share of 21.9 per cent, came a distant second, followed by Hynix (12.7 per cent), Renesas (6.8 per cent) and Micron (2.2 per cent). In 2005, Hynix pushed past Renesas to take third place, and Micron moved up to fifth place from seventh in 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom