PQI Ram help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch Hung

In Runtime
Hey guys, i got a little issue. This weekend i'm going to go and buy the final components for my new pc (CPU, Memory, HDD, and case) So about the memory. The shop I go to is pretty darn cheap, but he basically only stocks PQI ram. I want to know if there is decent PQI ram out there?
I'm looking to buy 2Gb of decent overclockable ram. Any help with model numbers would be greatly appreciated.

are you really set on PQI? i just checked their site, and ugh... if you really want to OC i recommend newegg as well.

as far as what PQI has to offer tho, i could only find 2 kits of dual channel memory for 2gb. model # PQI24200-2GDB and #PQI3200-2048DB both have a lower latency than model # PQI25400-2GDB. but reviews from all show that quite a few of the boards were having problems recognizing either set properly. but none of these perform as well as the below items:

if you want a little more problem free, try some OCZ or Corsair from Newegg. more expensive, but more reliable. (minus a little manual settings, mobo rarely recognizes the true speed)

but....if you really must have PQI, go with model #PQI3200-2048DB

if that's a little too much in price, try just 1 gig, most will agree that 2 gig really isn't needed. there are a few that disagree (mainly Theyoyokid303 b/c of his BF2 ;) ) but if that's the case, buckle down for the more expensive :D

in any case, here's some cheaper 1 gig, alternatives:
OCZ
and MUCH cheaper:
Corsair

hope this helps :)

and if any of you Super Techies could back me up or correct me, i'm sure Lynch Hung would appreciate it :D

pqi is a brand right ? .... snick i dont have 2 gigs even a gig.. for now ;) true BF2 is one of the games that uses more than 1 gig but in the future 1-2 years then games would/should use 2 gigs oo and i didnt saw that you should get 2 gigs its not needs .. whoa a buch of mumbo jumbo :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom