Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to apologize, what you said was perhaps the most informed and unbiased opinion in this thread (though I squirmed at the comment of AMD never being anything more than a tiny annoyance).

Well, now that Apple's back in the market, and gearing up to ream more than the music industry, AMD should be getting more contracts.

"Gawn RoQ widit... Gawn leeean- widit...."

Apple was never out of the market, they just had little of it.

What is REAM? :confused: :cool:

Id have to agree that advertising by intel`s part makes them ever more popular with the general public who havnt a clue about pc parts. Everytime I see an advert for computers its always intel inside, and pc world adverts it has some guy saying " buy this pc with intel pentium 4 with hyper threading technology" then the buyer saying oh great I`ll take it! :rolleyes:

I havnt seen any AMD adverts here in the UK although I have noticed more computer builds actually using AMD processors.

OK, i will answer this once & can the thread be closed afterwards, the answer is, For over ten years, EVERY computer, Dell or otherwise had a sticker that said "Intel Inside" on it. This is just a thing of trust in a company, If you have used something since you first started with computer with an intel cpu, you will get an intel cpu.

Remember guys, we are the minority, there are more hardware mindless word processors than gamers, builders & overclockers combined. Let them have Intel, competition only makes AMD cheaper, cooler, faster & more reliable. Thats my two cents

It's just a comp it doesnt matter what they think is faster. I just shake my head and agree with those people so they end up buying Intel for the rest of there life not knowing something out there is better. :D

thoses mindless ppl dont play game so it doesnt really matter how fast the computer is. when they go buy a computer they buy on 2 things, price and the way it looks not what is faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom