Oh Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
also came with a 17 inch lcd, but that really doesnt justify the price. i think that i am just going to buy a 6800gs and wait till the g8 series comes out and totally overhual my system. i can't remember if anyone answered this, but do i need to buy a dell psu or can i buy an antec one off of newegg. becuase i don't know if dell makes their cases special to fit only their psu.

that link wasn't working to that psu.

i ran cpu-z and found out it was intel P4 630 prescott

southbridge on cpu-z is listed as 82801GB(ICH7) .... whatever that means.

Edit....
is 375 enough to run a 6800gs?

Found this qoute from a dell website by a customer, just seeing wwhat you thought

Quote...

On the bright side Dell is known for underrating their powersupplies. I only have the regular 6800, but I don't imagine that its too much different as far as power consumption. However, my computer has a lot of cards/drives/extra fans, etc and I have never had a problem with power. I suggest testing it with your current power supply and seeing how it goes.

so, do you think i can buy the 6800gs now, then overhual everything when the g8 series comes out?

or will the 6600gt be a good bang for my buck. like as in, how much performance increase will i see over my ati x600 256 mb card. can i play most new games on atleast mid settings with some AA or soft shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom