overclocking FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprise that this simple question hasn't been addressed yet?

Q: Why should I overclock?
A: You overclock to squeeze as much available performance out of your processor as you can. Its useful if you are considering getting a new CPU just because its a little bit faster. If you have a 2.6GHz P4 and want to buy a 2.8GHz P4, consider overclocking your current CPU to see if you can get the 2.8GHz (should be easy in this case). Another use for overclocking is that you can also buy a cheaper CPU and overclock it to make it equivalent to, or faster than a much more expensive CPU. Say you want the new FX-60, but you don't want to spend over $1K on a CPU. Well, you can buy a cheaper CPU, such as the X2 4800 for a fraction of the price and overclock it to FX-60 speeds. If you feel confident in your abilities, you can go the cheap route and buy an opteron 165 and overclock the *(insert expletive here)* out of it to get the insane performance you want.

Vybuni you go to hel and you die!! I hate you!@!@ You and your good OCing version of my chip. I am so bummed that I got a loser of an OCing 3700 sandy chip :(

Here i am with low temps from my nice cooling and can't do a thing with it cause my loser of a chip won't OC further.

<--- going to go sit in a corner and cry now :freak:

You sure its not your ram? thats what happened to bleak, he forgot to put a mem divider on :rolleyes:

Good job on the guide. :D

Yeah squirrel. It look like you have the same RAM as i do and without a divider on, i didnt get far at all. I got my cpu up too 2.8 with at divider on when before it was stuck at 2.51. Its worth a try.

I did my CPU OCing with a 1:2 divider on. I am guessing that at half the speed of my CPU my ram wasn't the issue :(

Not only did I use a 1:2 divider I even pushed my vcore up to about 1.7 just to see if it would allow me to go higher and the stupid thing maxed out completely at about 2.81 ghz and was hardly able to even boot into windows letalone be remotely stable.

God hates me thats all there is to it.

And I have no money cause I used it all up on my crap OCing chip and the rest of my setup. :(

I need to make a smiley that holds a gun up to its head and pulls the trigger.

EDIT: I think I have a 5:6 mem divider set to even handle my crappy 2.7ghz OC :mad:

And anyways stop complaining dude, you have a nice computer and be glad with that. 2.7 isnt a bad OC from uh good point 2.4? lol

Actually the 2.7 is up from 2.2 but still it is annoying seeing all these people with the exact same chips with OC's over 2.8 and over 2.9

Oh wellWhat can ya do. Now then.... what was this thread about?

They also charge you almost double what the parts would cost if you built your system yourself. So you would be just as well off if you built the system yourself, then took the extra money and made a bonfire. Well done yoyo u fricken llama. :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom