new mobo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
Well, my sis's mobo fried and i got a different model and put it in its case. I told my dad that i have to take out her hdd, set it as slave, copy data to my hdd, set it back to master, put windows on it, then take it back out as a slave to put her data back on it and then set it as slave again for her comp.... so my dad wouldnt loose the data... he said that the mobo manual didnt say to do this.. and he said he wanted proof.. so have at it guys.. he just wants a yes or no answer

JUST to be on the safe side, copy all the important stuff from your dads drive to a cd or dvd, or just in case send it to your self thought gmail.

Other wise from what i have known you have a very very very slim chance of lossing both of your data.

If your dad has like office work of something i wouldn't risk it, caz i did it once and totaly crapped out...

YES, but make a few diffrent backups. CD DVD EMAIL ECT

no just family get together pictures and stuff like that.. and a few gigs of music.. im just gunna do my slave idea, or create a new partition when installing windows

time for bed :D
~Static

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom