Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATIRAGEPRO said:
Look at the products individually instead of just their marketing history. (Un- like some of us.)

Read my post, or did you just skip over that little essay?

ATIRAGEPRO said:
How would you like it if you bought a socket 960 motherboard and they came out with a socket 1000 eight months later, and the only way you could keep up with the new products is to buy another expensive board? would you feel good about that?

I would suck it up, get a life, and admit that Technology advances fast, and that its a futile effort to keep up with it.

ATIRAGEPRO said:

Hah! Thats rich! You're telling HER to grow up. I don't know how old she is, but she just built a system for her son so she's obviously one of the older members on the forum.

septoid2 said:
I'd use an Intel if it were a bit cheaper, and the performance was better then that of an Athlon. I'm a fan of no processor, I only pick the one that gets the job done right.

HyperThreading = Always nice to have.

Agreed. When these new Intel processors come out, I'll be supporting them 100%. We're fanboys of performance :)

NosBoost300 said:
it turned from wondering why intel was popular... too which is better amd or intel....

How so? Laurieny and I showed you why Intel is better, and then RAGE came in and started flaming us. I'm hoping that you guys have brains enough to keep the thread going and not go off on tangents like you are right now.

its not that i'm leaving, cuz i'm very much interested and have read a good portion of this thread... and i do agree, intel is a very reliable trusty company.... so don't even say that we're going off anywhere... because i do very much agree.. i don't care which companies better, just give me something that'll run the way i want it, and i'll buy it

This thread is going down the wrong path. Make sure it stays away from attacking other members, and keeps to the orginal topic. Otherwise, I'm sure someone can guess what is gonna happen to the thread...

"I cain't spellz no mo..."

Flanker said:
How so? Laurieny and I showed you why Intel is better, and then RAGE came in and started flaming us. I'm hoping that you guys have brains enough to keep the thread going and not go off on tangents like you are right now.
What exactly is your problem? Why are you taking this soo personally, saying that i just started flaming everyone? You replied to my personal opinion, so i replied back! Big deal! :p

Every time i comment on anything like this, somebody wants to start throwing a hissey fit, But when i reply to it, you act as if i'm picking on you? LOL

I posted my opinion, and you have the right to dissagree and reply to it, Not insult my intelligence. ;)

Who cares? I'm getting sick of these threads anyway. Now i see why soo many of them get locked. :cool:

I didn't intend to start any negative posting. I thought that perhaps with my significant age (46 by the way) and experience this was perhaps a way to have an intelligent conversation about a subject that has some revelance for posters on this board. In re-reading my post I regret the fact that it came across as a bit of youth bashing, but that was not my intent. I am quite aware that today's gamers are the techno geeks of tomorrow and what they are buying and thinking now will have some bearing on what companies are successful in the future. And I respect those opinions or I wouldn't have posted here looking for advice on what is the hottest gaming machine going when looking for a rig to spoil my son with. I just thought that I would challenge some of you to think beyond what seemed to be becoming a fan boy discussion with some statements that just don't bear weight. Competition is a very healthy thing and Intel isn't the only game in town, as I think I noted. But I also think that was is coming down the pike will put Intel back in the lead very soon. I also quite often think that those spending so much money on what I can only classify as toys would be so much better served investing those dollars instead of buying stuff that is too quickly obsolete. But as an admitted toy freak, I can understand the motivation ;-) Just an idea though, next time you are thinking about what to spend your money on, spend half of what you first planned and invest the other half after some decent research. When you are as old as me, then you will be able to buy even better toys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom