Multiple Audio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddievanzant

Solid State Member
I just bought a Creative Audigy 4 Pro Soundcard and LTB 5.1 Headphones. My headphone jack on the external box won't work, I cannot hear the rear left, even though I can hear the rear right, and the most troublesome is I have noise on every channel: I get the most noise out of the front channels, I get noise even when everything is mute, It picks up my mouse scroll and movement as noise, and the only times it stops are when I'm either changing settings for my audio or when my pc is loading something, like a web page. Please help.

I would have gotten an E-Mu or Turtle Beach but I found this card for 150 bucks (now I guess you'll say, "No wonder. It sucks.") and it is normally double that. Also, don't trust what that **** seniority thing near my name says. I'm no pc-illiterate.

Eddie,
List all your sys. components in your profile, including your exact model power supply.
Did you load the 'drivers' for the sound card?
Did you dis-able the 'on=board sound chip' in your BIOS?
* Re-seat the sound card........ carefully!

Any chage?

Drivers are 'loaded', Onboard AC97 disabled, Card seated properly, and I noticed that the feedback (or whatever it could be) only starts when XP is completely loaded.

Maybe its the settings in your 'Audio Card' software.
Do you have settings for stereo/ 5.1 SS/mixer settings?
Do you have a manual for the 'Sound card'?

Yes, yes, and no. It might be some sort of grounding problem, but I'm running my power supply through a cheater and I still hear noise with my moniter turned off.

Have you tried installing the soundcard in a different PCI slot? Could be interference from a nearby card. Sounds like the noise you always get from onboard soundcards...

I removed my tv tuner pci card that was between my soundcard and my video card but it did nothing. I might try using a usb hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom