Urgent!! I got 1 hour to choose!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch Hung

In Runtime
In an hour i'm going to my local computer shop to buy a new graphics card. I was originally going to purchase a 512mb 7800 GTX or a 1900XT but with the G80 coming up I decided to get something a little cheaper, so I can upgrade when it's released.

Ok so here are my choices.

1. 6600GT

2. 6800GS

3. 7800GT

Which should I get to hold me over until then? I got one hour to make my choice.

How much do you want to spend, a 7800GT is great but cost about $100 more than a 6800gs which is also a good card.

Get the GT if you have the $$ and are willing to spen an extra $100 for a card that will last longer than the 6800GS, tho I dunno if it'll be worth it since you'll upgrade.

I could use those $100 for my memory or my cpu, so it would come in handy. Is there a very big (worthy) difference in the 6800GS and the 7800 GT? (also it's a Leadtek 7800GT Extreme)

mmm ya... but not an insane amount. You'll be able to play games well w/ the 6800, just you'll get even more performance... I'd max on the other parts now and buy the 6800, that way your comp'll be nice and set and then you can buy a DX10 card.

That makes sense. Thanks for the help Mk97, really appreciate it. Any one else got any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom