Computer Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy345

In Runtime
My computer completely freezes while I am playing games. Sometimes its within 5 minutes and sometimes it takes an hour or longer. I dont think it has anything to do with temps because everytime it happenes my system temp is 30C or less and my cpu is 40C or less. Can someone help me figure out the reason why this is happening?:eek:

I have 1 gigabyte of ram and a new video card that is less then a few months old. It doesnt take long to start up again.

Check your video drivers. What Vid card do you have? If you have the newest drivers try to go back to the last ones you used.
When your playing the game does it just shut off hard?

I have a ATi Radeon X700 pro with the drivers that came on the cd.

Sometimes my computer will just reboot itself. Sometimes the screen turns black and the sound repeats the last few seconds it played and sometimes the sound just stops. Sometimes the screen freezes and the sound repeats the last few seconds it played and sometimes the sound just stops. Sometimes the monitor just turns black but i can still do things, like i can still hear the sound and can restart my computer normally and as soon as it restarts the monitor is normal.

I dont think its my ram because i ran memtest for 4 hours and got 12 passes.

I dont think its my psu because its only a few months old.

Could it be my motherboard. This is my current motherboard. Could that be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom