Dvd partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cilimpuli

Beta member
I can not find the program that i want.
As you know the DVD movies can not burn 4.7 gb DVD-r because of the size. DVD's size is generally 7gb or more. I want to have backup my movies. But i can not find a program it will burn my dvd to 4,7 gb. I dont want to compress my movies due to loses of video and audio quality. anybody knows any program it burns 1 pcs dvd to 2 pics 4.7 gb empty dvd without compress. I mean it will cut the movie two part and burn it two disc..So there will be no loses.

Please do not say me it is not important..You can compress and write your dvd only one 4.7 gb dvd..I want to burn it as is..

www.dvdshrink.org compresses dvds to 4.7gb, i've never noticed a difference in quality, i run a deep analysis every time to improve quality

if you want to rip and split, you could use dvd decrypter to rip. you could then use vob2mpg to create an mpg. then use vdub mpgmod to chop the mpg into smaller pieces.

but is that logical..an original dvd with total size is 7gb and backup dvd with total size is 4.7 gb and the same quality??

Why not get a dual layer burner? they are cheap and you get full capacity that way. That is what the DVD makers have been doing for a while now. Using 7gb disc. It's not new techonology. Just got an external for $129 at bestbuy...

cilimpuli said:
but is that logical..an original dvd with total size is 7gb and backup dvd with total size is 4.7 gb and the same quality??

there prolly is a quality loss. But i havent noticed it.

also, for some dvds (maybe 1/3) dvdshrink doesn't need to compress the files to fit on a 4.7

Inaris
Why not get a dual layer burner? they are cheap and you get full capacity that way. That is what the DVD makers have been doing for a while now. Using 7gb disc. It's not new techonology. Just got an external for $129 at bestbuy...

i have a DL burner and dont even burn DLs. cheaper to compress and burn a 4.7

www.ifoedit.com will split it to 2 disc without quality loss and it's free.

dvd shrink is a good encoder, it is not a great one. Instant Copy 7 or 8 or CCe are great Encoders.

Most people (85-90%) don't notice the difference in quality, but there is a difference.

there use to be trade off in encoding DVDs. do you want great quality (a much longer encoding time) or Fast encoding (which resulted in horrible video quality)

DVD shrink bridged the gap by having great speed and great video as long as the movie is 6.5 gigs or less. DVD shrink sucks at encoding long movies. But, like I said, most people don't notice it

thanks ericb..
dear inaris..i have dvd-rw dl burner but the dl dvd is about 8 USD.It is not cheap..4.7 db dvd is 90 cent..when you compare them it is really expensive i think..I live in Turkey and here salary is lower than meybe 4 times than europe:))

use these options

Ifoedit.jpg

Ifoedit1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom