Good Security Soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
What is good security soft.. like antivirus and stuff.
I used Norton. But maybe some of you know some thing that better.

use avg or avast for antivirus
for firewall zonealarm
for antispyware ms antispyware and spywareblaster

it works for me

Kdar said:
What is good security soft.. like antivirus and stuff.
I used Norton. But maybe some of you know some thing that better.

Avast, you can't buy or get another free, better!

Avast is good. So is AVG. But i have found that NOD32 is great. I personally prefer NOD32 for AV over any other app. IT isnt free but it works great and uses few resources.

ZoneAlarm is probably the best firewall that i have found to use.

M$ anitspyware coupled with Spybot Search and Destroy or anyother antispyware is a good combo. Between the 2 you should be able to elimate all you spyware problems.

I use Antivir Personal Edition (V7 beta) for AV. IMO it's the most effective free antivirus program I've used

for my firewall, I use my wireless router. it has SPI and NAT, which combined are pretty powerful.
the router is wireless, so i use 192 bit WPA encryption and MAC address filtering.
I also use the XP SP2 firewall on top. it probabbly doesn't do much if anything, but I use it mainly because it isn't intrusive and I don't notice any slow-down with it.

my network is pretty secure. it isn't unbreakable, but you'd have to really know what you were doing to get in, and if you did, well you would probabbly be targeting something bigger than my network

but anyway, for anti-spyware, I use Firefox 1.5. if something does get in, i remove it manually. if that fails, i use hijackthis.

Kaspersky, Bitdefender, or Nod32. All take low resources and have high detection rates. Try Bitdefender or kaspersky first. I had Nod32 before, but for some reason, it can't scan files being used..which is dumb because if a virus is running in your system, it won't find it because it won't scan the file. Not sure if this has anything to do with program, but Nod32 scanned about 150,000 files less on my computer than Bitdefender when I clicked full-system scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom