Laptop Pentium M/Centrino/Core Duo/Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Pentium M/Centrino VS. Core Duo/Solo

hey guys,

I just needed some advice on buying a laptop. I am looking to get a Dell (unless you guys can persuade me to get another brand). But I don't know whether to get a Pentium M, Centrino, or a Core Duo. I want the laptop for decent gaming (such as Doom 3, half life, etc), MS Office applications, and programming such as C++. I'll probably be listening to music while running other applications.

So what is the difference between a Pentium M and a Centrino. I see them both together sometimes and I'm really confused. I am planning to get the Core Duo, but the Pentium M is actually more expensive for some freakin reason.

What's the difference? I mean comparing a Pentium M centrino to a Core Solo..... because I know Core Duo is dual core and has 2mb cache for each core..:mad:

no u didnt. ppl here dont like dell but u dont got many choices in laptop so go with the duo since they are dual core, if u run alot of aplications at the same time. if u gaming forget about lapto and start a new thread with your budget and then some pl here will help u, desktop are way better for gaming. hope this help.

Definitely go with a core duo. It is an amazing chip.

FYI, the Pentium M is a processor, while Centrino is a platform combining chipset with onboard wireless etc. That is why you see them shown as having both Centrino and a P-M together.

ahhh~~ thanks guys~~

just bought myself a Core Duo 1.83ghz, 512mb ddr2 sdram 667mhz, and all the other goodies..... yea, the ram is a bit small, but it was either the ram or the processor... ram can be upgraded easier in the future anyway... lol
can't wait til this thing gets here!! Then time to buy the conroe once that comes out in the summer,fall, winter, or whenever that thing will come out.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom