Graphics Card Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... thats it for the guide? No more suggestions on what to add or changes to be made? I think it looks pretty complete... but u guys tell me.

I tried making one before :( they said hardware is ever changing and tomorrow the 6800GS may not be the best bang for your bucks.

Anyways you should add in the X1600pro even if its ATI and it has 128 bit memory and DDR2 its still at least has a chance unlike the X8** series :D

Jayare012 said:
9600XT ~85$
From the reviews I have read this thing is only a little less powerful than the 6600gt. Much better than the 6600LE made by Nvidia for about the same price. Plays most newer games on medium, and sometimes hi. Im sure after a little tuning you can have great gaming performance out of this.
the 9600 XT is a descent value card, however it does not compare to the 6600 GT. the 9600 XT is a 4 pipeline card, and the 6600 GT is an 8 pipeline card.
it is the 9800 XT that performs just under the 6600 GT. the 9800 XT has 8 pipelines.

Another thing that you didn't post was the comparison between the NVidia 5500 PCI card for example, and the ATI 9250 PCI card.

Right now my machine only has the NVidia MX4000 card but I don't game at all. I just want videos, pics, and such to run smoother. I do play The Sims 2.

Which card of the two would be better than my MX4000?

Hey your all saying the X800 Series of cards are bad. NO!! Well at least not for bang for buck. You get a X800GTO2 for £100 ($180) and OC and unlock to get beyond X850XTPE speeds. True they don't support pixel shader 3.0 but theres not a h.ell of a difference between 2.0b and 3. I have a X800GTO2 my self and it's obviously OC'ed and unlocked and it runs everything at full detail perfectly (well except F.E.A.R. but theres no way something of that price range would do that kind of power :(). Oh and with the bottlenecking thats mainly only on stratigy games where lots of a.i. scripts and simple things are going on at once. Something like Rome Total War. With crossfire you can run any series of card with another one in the same series as long as one of them is a crossfire master card. So a X800 with a X850 crossfire master card would run fine. I would say that crossfire and SLI are about equal.

One thing i would really like to see is a guide like this for laptop videocards. It is very hard to get info about the different GPU's for the moderate laptop gamer

CrAzY_GaMeR_07 said:
x800
core -392
mem - 700
pipelines - 12

6600gt
core -500
mem - 1000
pipelines - 8

i still sugest the 6600gt

EDIT
KittyCatIcon.gif

and don't forget that 6600gt supports SM 3.0, while x800 doesn't .

Jayare012 said:
Video Cards
9600XT ~85$
From the reviews I have read this thing is only a little less powerful than the 6600gt. Much better than the 6600LE made by Nvidia for about the same price. Plays most newer games on medium, and sometimes hi. Im sure after a little tuning you can have great gaming performance out of this.
9600xt is very old card and i don't think that it will beat 6600LE

kahlos said:
Hey your all saying the X800 Series of cards are bad. NO!! Well at least not for bang for buck. You get a X800GTO2 for £100 ($180) and OC and unlock to get beyond X850XTPE speeds. True they don't support pixel shader 3.0 but theres not a h.ell of a difference between 2.0b and 3. I have a X800GTO2 my self and it's obviously OC'ed and unlocked and it runs everything at full detail perfectly (well except F.E.A.R. but theres no way something of that price range would do that kind of power :(). Oh and with the bottlenecking thats mainly only on stratigy games where lots of a.i. scripts and simple things are going on at once. Something like Rome Total War. With crossfire you can run any series of card with another one in the same series as long as one of them is a crossfire master card. So a X800 with a X850 crossfire master card would run fine. I would say that crossfire and SLI are about equal.

Im not saying the x800 are all bad, or that that they are inferior in sli. Im just saying this card has a bad rep and that the sli ability isnt as common in ATI cards.

Also note, i edited the guide and added in stuff. The prices will be changed as the cards become more commonly available at a lower price, and il add new cards as they come out.

wow, this has gone from what In my opinion is a informational guide to an FFA at ripping the crap out of it, give the guy a break, GREAT GUIDE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom