Windows Office 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choller21

Beta member
The guy in IT helpfully put the above on a disc for me to put on my PC at home.
Now I don't know how to get it onto my PC. I've tried installing it but it won't.
Any ideas?

Well first off you cant. Since it was from your work you are not supposed to take software home with you for personal use.

But that aside you will need the serial # and have to make sure it is fully updated. I think you are coming across an error asking for a file that is supposed to be on the disc for install. It asks for the file and even if you point it to the file that is on the CD it wont install. I have had this error myself. I havent figured out how to bypass it. I now use the new Office "12" Beta so i havent tried to figure it out.

I have the serial #. Could it be that Microsoft have found a way of stopping me doing it. Apart from me being an idiot that is?

Well its not that you are an idiot. But even i have had issues with my Office 2003. I think it is just that with Office haveing SP2 out that they updated the installer. I am thinking that SP2 for Office 2003 needs to be slipstreamed into the install in order to work.

microsoft doesnt make you "activate" office 2003.

but you MUST have the correct serial code. Even one digit off can effect the install.

Well i know that i have a correct serial. But when i try to install Office 2003 it gets to a certain point then gives me errors. Something about a file needed that is on the CD not on my HDD.

Even did this to me after a fresh install of XP. Dont know what it is about Offce 2003 but it dont like me no more.

i have a copy of office 2003 and it installed perfectly, no errors, and i have every office program they ever made!

I dont know what seems to be the issue. I dont worry about it since i use the Office "12" Beta now.

Well for the most part it should be just insert the CD. Let it load. Click install. When it prompts for the Serial type it in. For the most part that is how it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom