xblade case(black) want to add intake fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvidWarrior

Beta member
If anyone out there who knows how to take the front panel of this type of case, it doesn't have the pins in the inside as I thought from my other cases, it pops off another way but I just confused in figuring this out. I just want to add another fan to create an intake for air to help in the cooling process.

Here's a link to the type of case I have, only difference is the side fan is multi-coloured. It's not a tool-less case as I found out.

http://www.a-top.com/xblade/xblade_bk1.jpg

my mate has got this case and i have built cases like this! they have a different kind of way 2 what yew seem used 2 !! have yew sorted it out yet or do yew still need help??

wiggy

When you take the side panel's off look in the front and there should be 4 to 6 screw's holding the front on,After you get the screw's out take either a small strait screw driver or a butter knife and pry the front off gently,Atleast that's what i had to do to mine :)

Nope still have the situation here, nervous about damaging a nice looking case and want to do it the right way. :)

I caught your info about the screws inside the front after I posted so I'll go look and see... I have a link from a web pace with one similar to mine just the side fan is multi-coloured...

Edit: Just checked and you nailed right on the button!
this case is held on by 4 screws but still has the plastic push-tabs to semi-hold it to the case but not like the old style which click in and need a pair of pliers or flat-head screwdriver to get it off.
Thanks for giving me the opened eyes. The help is so much appreciated!

Well it seems to me that your X-blade might be a little different to the one that I have, I'll tell you how to remove the front plastic on my particular x-blade anyway. To the left of the Drive bays and also to the right after taking of the right side panel, there are plastic pins. You have to press the two sides of the pin together with pliers and then push them through one by one which is tough but worth it. There were six on mine and that was the only thing holding the front on. btw, I bought dual UV cathodes yesterday and they look awesome.

yea my case along with screws had 6 plastic pins, a pain to get out especially if the front of the case is wired like mine is for my case temp gauge, just try to work from the top down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom