help help heeeeeeeeellllllllllpppppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sales1

Baseband Member
i have a pc with 98 on it and have just bought a new hd and am putting xp on it as i don't have the disk for 98 right i have got my config setup now on NFTS and that is ok but i can't acess gui mode to complete the setup so how do i get it to acess gui mode i have tried all sorts of things and it still won't work i have got some info off the net about the instaltion of the xp but that is saying about take out the booter disk and then enter the disk when need but that won't help so how do i get to gui mode

Do you use onboard Vidoe or have you installed a video card? Make sure the monitor is hooked up to the right output.

Also since you said this system was with 98 are you sure it meets all teh requirements for XP to run. That could be why you are running into problems. If you dont have dedicated video and share you RAM with your video you could have a problem. Since XP needs a minimum of 64MB RAM to install if that is all you have in there and you share it the system wont be able to install XP.

IT is also recommended that you use at least 256MB RAM if not 512MB RAM for optimal performance. With anything less it will run like a slug.

i have only formatted so far that is why i ask why it won't work. The computer meets all the specs posted by microsoft and i have a built in video card is that a porblem but i have a brand new graphics card will that help

It could just be that the onboard video cant do the graphics. I would suggest trying to install the Video Card and seeing if it does anything to further the progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom