Batch file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitwolf

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

Ive recently just joined a new company, I'm quite young and am new to batch files. thus the reason for my thread :)

Can you help me create a batch file that would check the file space on a server/computer and then if below a certain amount, email a certain user.

Is this possible?

Is there a better/ easier way?

Thanks,

Marc. :beard:

Batch isn't the way for this. You will want to do some simple scripts that can do this. VBS and perl are both pretty simple, and capable for this. VBS is built into windows, if that is what your on. There are some others if your in Linux or Unix.

If you find some miiny programs, then you can use batch to automate that, but it's not really a good way to do it. Not a lot of functionality in batch.

Give some info on your environment, and I'll see what I can come up with...

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately we're on 2k server not 2k3.

I'll try the windows xp alerts when I get a chance, also that du program looks quite promising.

Just recently our email server went down because someone sent a file so big that it crashed the server. It's a pretty crappy system where our database saves the file each on each computer, so it multiplied the file about 10 times. Either that or the user sent the email 10 times :angry:

Thanks for your help!

regards,

Marc :beard:

Spitwolf said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately we're on 2k server not 2k3.

I'll try the windows xp alerts when I get a chance, also that du program looks quite promising.

Just recently our email server went down because someone sent a file so big that it crashed the server. It's a pretty crappy system where our database saves the file each on each computer, so it multiplied the file about 10 times. Either that or the user sent the email 10 times :angry:

Thanks for your help!

regards,

Marc :beard:

its a pretty crappy system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom