Problem with hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny715

Beta member
I bought this new Western Digital Caviar RE 250GB Serial ATA 150 Hard Drive and now it won't show up in My Computer. I don't know why it won't show up. This is a home built computer. It has Windows XP operating system, an MSI 865PE Neo2 motherboard, 1 Liteon DVD rom drive and 1 CD RW drive, at the moment 2 hard drives, 1 40Gb hard drive and the other a Western Digital 250Gb Serial ATA that I can't seem to use. The hard drive looks as if though it is running but I can't seem to use it. Can anyone help with my dilemma?

Its sapouse to come with a cd and make sure your have IDE cable plugged in correctly, if anyone of them not work then try looking at the jumpers.

its SATA not IDE. any particular reason you bought the RAID Edition? but basically format it and ye shall be fine. go into control panel>administrative tools>computer management and then click disk management on the left. find the new drive in the list and right click on the diagram above where it says "unallocated space". click "new partition" or "create partition", whatever it says and follow the wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom