7900 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Im not on the DX10 band wagon because when that comes out i will be in college and not really care. Thats why im looking at the whole picture instead and im basicaly upgrading evertyhing.

P.P. Mguire said:
Flanker is defneding me? :eek:

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not evil. Only thing I'll argue at this point is the supremacy of Dual Core (Beed), and the obsoleteness of the GeForce 7 series (and Beed).

P.P. Mguire said:
Not to mention the 21"CRT im getting that i will be playing games on 1920x1220 w/ max settings and 4xAA and 8xAF. The 7800GS can even play FEAR that high on a P4 3.0ghz. Since i have even higher than that it will be awesome.

Not sure about that. FEAR is pretty demanding. Look at the X850XTPE's score, and thats what you can expect from the 7800GS. HOWEVER: This is NOT a measure of things to come. FEAR is a crappily designed game. Oblivion/UT2K7 might be JUST AS DEMANDING, but FEAR is TOO DEMANDING for its graphics.

I'm looking at the benches, and it looks like you can expect ~15FPS on 1900x1200...and thats with no AA or AF. I can understand not needing AA at this resolution, but AF IS needed. That'll take your performance down even more.

I'm all for you getting a 7800GS, but I don't want you to be surprised by your performance in FEAR.

My biggist problem with the 7800GS is it cost the same amount as a 7800GT. I understand 7800GT not a option for agp people but I still could never bring my self to pay that amount of money for a card that a good amount wrost then anouther card that cost the same.

If the 7800GS got down to $250 then I would have a easier time justifiying it.

well for now I sticking with my over a year old AGP 6800ULTRA. I make it lag once in awile in something like FEAR but it just not worth a upgrade to me at this point.

I proberly wait till secound generation M2 motherboard's comes out and get a whole new system then. I always skip the first generation of a new skt.

You wont be playing FEAR at 1900x1200, unless you drop the settings down to DX8 and turn off all AA and AF and textures to load. If PP is going to quit gaming after high school, why waste the money on a new card at all? Your PC now with a 6800GT will last probably 5 years for non-gaming applications. Put that money into savings and save it for something more useful to what you will be into, such as furthering your education or your social life during college.

I have to agree. Looking at the trend, you lose 15FPS for every jump in resolution. If those benchmarks got 30FPS at 1600x1200, then you're gonna get 15FPS at 1600x1200, and thats with NO AA and NO AF. No AA I can understand, thats a pretty high res. but you gotta have AF.

Atomic:
D3D 10 will require VDDM to work, so we won't be seeing it before Vista.

Yeah, that sucks. Add a year of driver conflictions onto the 2 years of promised waiting time for Vista... (plus more if Microsoft screws up...?).

HAVOC2k5 said:
lol - X800XTPE is fine now yeah. But, I'm looking forward to UT2007 & Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I know for a fact that if FEAR puts a hurt'in on the X800XTPE now, I can imagine what those two games will do to it. I'm not going to play those games at low or mid settings... I want high settings and don't want 15 FPS.

So that's my point of view. If I had a system right now with a 6800 series i'd upgrade too. If I had a 7800 series... i'd wait until DX10 & G80's... but... i'm not in that boat right now.

ALSO~ Don't forget about the PPU's. They should be available as soon as some games support it. Like UT2007.
UT2007 won't even be out when the G80 hits, but hey, it's your money, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom