Opteron buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
Since there was a huge hype on the opteron processors, I have to ask, did you spend your money well, are you happy with what you got?

I'm wondering because sometimes I buy things that are all hyped up but I end up wondering why I ever bought it. Like PSP, I rarely use it anymore.

At first i wasnt happy with my opteron because i thought i had gotton a dud 148. Well it turned out my RAM wasnt too good for some reason. My 148 is now at 2.8 at 1.4vCORE and going and stable at that. So now im happy. It really depends on the stepping if you decide to OC. What do you plan on getting?

thebleakness said:
At first i wasnt happy with my opteron because i thought i had gotton a dud 148. Well it turned out my RAM wasnt too good for some reason. My 148 is now at 2.8 at 1.4vCORE and going and stable at that. So now im happy. It really depends on the stepping if you decide to OC. What do you plan on getting?

I'm not planning on buying anything, I'm just wondering if you guys are happy with your purchases :)

I'd say yeah...I'm a bit disappointed that core1 is a bit weak and ended up holding back core0 but I can't really complain and am overall quite glad I spoiled myself, and I still don't even know the full potential of this yet

The only beef I have is the fact I was forced to SP2 so I could install the appropriate patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom