Pc problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBUDDY

Baseband Member
OK after a clean format, updating all drivers and updates, my pc is still running sluggish. Winamp takes a while to open, steam takes bout a min to launch ect.... My current specs are
A8V DLX Rev
Winchester 3200
6800GT
Audigy 2 Plat
PSU 550 by antec
WIn XP SP2
74 gig Raptor
All up to date drivers.

PS. Im still kina new to this raptor thing, are ther any settings to be done to make it work its best, cause all i did was just install the sata drivers while i was installing windows?

How much memory do you have? What type of virus scanner and firewall do you use. The reason I ask is some virus and firewalls take a lot of memory. Also if you are a little shy on RAM you can go to control panel , system , Advanced , under the performance click settings. click adjust for best performance.

i have 2 gigs of OCZ ram, and i use adaware and no firewalls, just the one tats build in into ma router and i have the xp firewalls disabled

It cant be the HDD its a 10,000 rpm raptor am i correct? by western digital. thats hella fast rpm's. Its prolly ur ram. oh and i got 2 raptor 10k rpm drives and they work wonders. nice and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom