7900 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, like i've stated, I'm just a videocard away from my complete build. There is no freakin' way i'm waiting for VISTA & DX10 & G80's.

I'm playing with a P4 3.4Ghz & X800XT PE right now. I'm tired of it.
By the end of march, i'll be complete.

003 said:
Wow guys, if you have a 6800GS or better, there is no need to waste your money on this refresh of the G70, especially if you already own a G70 based card! Either you have a six figure salary, have rich parents, or you are willing to go with very little food for the next several months. Like I said, a 6800GS or higher, you should wait for the G80/R600. If you have anything under a 6800GS, then it might be worth considering.

True, 6800GS/GT users should skip this one. I just know though we are going to see a lot of rich 7800GTX users make this upgrade.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, like i've stated, I'm just a videocard away from my complete build. There is no freakin' way i'm waiting for VISTA & DX10 & G80's.

I'm playing with a P4 3.4Ghz & X800XT PE right now. I'm tired of it.
By the end of march, i'll be complete.
The X800XTPE is perfectly fine for now. Oh, and PP, getting any high end AGP card for any reason is not a smart move IMO.

003 said:
The X800XTPE is perfectly fine for now. Oh, and PP, getting any high end AGP card for any reason is not a smart move IMO.

Why not? The 7800GS is stronger than the X800XTPE that you just said was "just fine."

003 said:

True, PP should just stick with the 6800GT until he builds a new system. No need for a 7800GS unless you are upgrading from like an FX 5900 series or 9800 series card and dont want to give up AGP yet.

A few months ago, I would have said the X800XTPE was not okay and you should upgrade to a 7 series quickly, but now I say that its worth the wait to wait for the G80.

Flanker said:
Why not? The 7800GS is stronger than the X800XTPE that you just said was "just fine."

7800GS from a 6800GT is not a smart move. 7800GS from a Radeon 9800 or FX series card on an AGP mobo is a good deal, as I said in my above post.

I'm saving up $120 a month for my next build :) Its going to be either when GeForce 8 comes out, or when Windows Vista comes out. I have $260-or so collected right now, so obviously the longer I wait, the better system I will be able to get.

beedubaya said:
7800GS from a 6800GT is not a smart move. 7800GS from a Radeon 9800 or FX series card on an AGP mobo is a good deal, as I said in my above post.

Well, he wants the best AGP videocard, and thats it. Its as good a deal as any. The fact that its AGP shouldn't even matter.

lol - X800XTPE is fine now yeah. But, I'm looking forward to UT2007 & Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I know for a fact that if FEAR puts a hurt'in on the X800XTPE now, I can imagine what those two games will do to it. I'm not going to play those games at low or mid settings... I want high settings and don't want 15 FPS.

So that's my point of view. If I had a system right now with a 6800 series i'd upgrade too. If I had a 7800 series... i'd wait until DX10 & G80's... but... i'm not in that boat right now.

ALSO~ Don't forget about the PPU's. They should be available as soon as some games support it. Like UT2007.

Flanker is defneding me? :eek: But you guys totaly are missing the point of this card. When the G80 comes out i will be in college and wont be able to afford it and i wanna keep my AGP system. Also, the 6800GT will be going into my LAN rig for LANs so i AM techincaly upgrading a 9800XT lol. Not to mention the 21"CRT im getting that i will be playing games on 1920x1220 w/ max settings and 4xAA and 8xAF. The 7800GS can even play FEAR that high on a P4 3.0ghz. Since i have even higher than that it will be awesome. Another thing is when i upgrade to PCI-E my LAN rig will most likely be my AGP system w/ the 3800+ X2 so it will be a nice addittion to take to LANs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom