Hard drive reading problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawizhacker

Daemon Poster
Hey, i have recently bought lots of parts for my new computer, it was working fine and all, yesterday i saw that my chipset was at 52C, so i took the side windows of and took away all the unneeded psu cables, then i put the whole thing back, when i start up the computer the screen goes error reading operating system from harddisk, what is the problem?

I tryed to reinstall the OC but it just keeps saying that.
BIOS finds the harddrive aswell.

I still need a solution...

So far i tried:
1) Fixing OS but it failed
2) re-instaling a new OS but it also failed after the first reboot
3)totaly partitioned the drive and re-installed the OS. still no effect.

Could my hard drive just broke for no reason? I didn't bring it close to any megnets or anything...

raverx3m said:
take it all apart piece by piece and put it back together

I took the whole thing apart and put it together agian...now my DVD-r is now working properly... half of the time it don't see the cd's...

The computer loads up now, but half of the progrma sodn't work, i re-installed the OS but still no changes. What do i do now? should i take it to a shop? caz i have very little experience when it coes to hardware malfunction...

I got a new DVD-R for 18.00 from a computer shop near by, it works fine now, I seem to have found the problem, when ever i started to install ZONE ALARMS i bagun to stall, and lagged up, so decided to find a new firewall...

THx anyways.

weird
u sure its not infected with a virus or somethin?
try updating firmware on that dvdrom?
some cdroms dont real every cd
get nero info tool and see what it can and cant read

Dude, i refragmented the drive, that meens it's totally blank, i tryed it over and over, but it seems to stall up when i try to install ZONE ALARMS.

WORK's now fine, well at least i think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom