7900 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX will be my next card. It's the final piece I need for my gaming build. I've been using my current system for far too long. My sig has some of of the components of my build.

Right now it's all set to go, I just need to buy the card and install the OS & Drivers... Then it's UT2007 time!!! WOOT!!!

I'm not buying a new video card, its not worth it.

If I really want to have games that support DirectX10 or whatever, I'll upgrade to the cheapest DX10 supported card, the 6200 of the future haha.

Well, from everything that i've read, DX10 isn't going to be compatible with Windows XP. It will be a VISTA or later compatiblity. So if you're holding out of DX10, you'll need to hold you're breath for VISTA. Personally, i'm not think about VISTA for at least 2 years.

amen to that. the hype is BS becuase its going to be huge $$$ to get a DX10 system. its still months before a release, let alone reasonable prices...besides DX9 games look fine for now anyway. COD2 is my new love...

XP will be pushed into forced obsolesence when Vista hits. I just wonder if the G80 will be compatable with XP to run in DX9 mode, or if you will need Vista to run the a G80 platform. As of now, I'm all ready for UT2007 at 1280x1024 except for my RAM and my graphics card.

Wow guys, if you have a 6800GS or better, there is no need to waste your money on this refresh of the G70, especially if you already own a G70 based card! Either you have a six figure salary, have rich parents, or you are willing to go with very little food for the next several months. Like I said, a 6800GS or higher, you should wait for the G80/R600. If you have anything under a 6800GS, then it might be worth considering.

If I had the money, I'd buy a 1900XT right now, but until I raise 500 dollars from my lemonade sales on my street corner/sarcasm I will stick with my 6600GT, which is just fine.

I told yal before the 7900GTX is just gonna be a beefed up G71/7800GTX. Thats all it is and all this hype over Vista is stupid. Its a long way away. The reason im getting a 7800GS NOW is because i plan on having a AGP system for a while so might as well upgrade to the last AGP card right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom