How to fix my 5.1 surround speacker to work with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringNite

In Runtime
Helllo guys, i bought a new 5.1 surround speakers( Logitech X550) and it got 5 speakers, 1 woofer. But when i wan to listen some music, there are only 3 speakers and the woofer is working, another 2 speakers is no working as well. Can i ask that how can i fix it ? My motherboard ( Asus P5P800) show that it can support 5.1 surround speakers, but wat happened to my speakers that not working ? I'm usiong a build-in sound card( Creative). Can anyone help me to fix this problem ? Otherwise it will waste my money to buy a surround speakers. pls!

does it need a special driver to run 5.1 surround sound ??? otherwise dont know why it would do that are they connected right....?

I had the same problem as well. Try using the software that came with your mobo to test your 5.1. You should have some kind of software that acts as a sound manager.

your probably only USING 2.1 sound files. Try some games with dolby digital 5.1. if you want movies and mp3 to utilize all 5 speakers you need a physical splitter or a software splitter (have not found a free one). but i had the same problem with my x-530s. I was ****ed until i realized it was just my computer not sending sound to them.

I don know i plug wrong or not, i plug the black plugin into the blue and the green plugin into the green plugins, and there are anothere orange plugins that i don have plugins. coz another holes is for mic. am i wrong ?

Music is made to be listened to in 2.1. I have 5.1 surround but switch it to 2.1 on purpose while listening to music. When you are at a concert is the band all around you or just in front of you?

so can you get the music to play out of 5.1 w/o a physical splitter "billgates"? if so tell me! i love music all around me.

Go to Wal Mart and pick up a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit for $25. That way, you can have more control over your audio settings and 5.1 will always work when you want it to.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Go to Wal Mart and pick up a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit for $25. That way, you can have more control over your audio settings and 5.1 will always work when you want it to.

Exactly what he said above me, Im using a similar card and running RCA's from it to a Sony reciever/amplifier.

SpringNite said:
i don have plugins. coz another holes is for mic. am i wrong ?
thats your prob, i had the same thing.

black goes in blue
green goes in green
oarnge in mic

then in the control panel find the icon that allows you to change the mic in, to "center/sud speaker out. (mines called realtek, not the sounds and audio icon)
thats what i did and it works fine, but i thought my onboard sound was screwed up for like a week :wooha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom