MEdia CEnter Oc .. WHAts Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
MEdia CEnter pc .. WHAts Needed

ok ... we have a dvd player in our living room and when ever we watch movies it overheads and frezzes so i told my mom why not build a pc for in here and we could use that to watch movies and listen to music and even type and such... whats needed?? we have a 40'' sony lcd .... what do i need to connect a pc to that ?? i think it would be totally coo to do that :D ooo another question i have a 9550se could i use that for the grafix card .. does it ahve the right connections??

Look on the back of the LCD panel, what inputs does it have?

I would get something like this: http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=502&l1=1&l2=3&l3=0

It has intergrated graphics with VGA out, which can be converted to what ever output you want (would be better to have VGA though.)

Add 512 of ram, a big hdd, DVD-r a TV card to record TV to it and a basic sempron and windows Media centre. Thats all you need, and will be about the same price as a HDD and DVD recorder (hopefully.)

i was looking at somthing like that but we dont have space issuses and i feel that if we put that were we put the dvd player it would over heat as well......

It will make it cheaper having a normal case. I would go for a Antec Sonata II Piano as I have used it in a build for my sister, and it is extremly quiet, and very stylish.

It comes with a 450w smartpower PSU.

Ya I'm going to build a MCP for my parents too, when we buy a new LCD TV. In the meantime, I talked my dad into giving me the lcd moniter and hooking the family computer up to the TV! Hah.. so Ya win win situation.

I was thinking of buying a G6100 mobo and a cheap proc, with a nice DVD burner and a huge HDD and then one or 2 good TV tuners and windows media center and then sticking it in an Aspire X-Qpack for the MCP I was going to build.

What's your family's budget?

hmmm..... i dont know :D but if you give me systems and prices ill see if they can work ..... o yeah if oyu guys do decied t omake a build put the patriot 1gb 28512 kit in it becasue i have 512 right now and i wanna make a gig so the MC pc will ahve 512 pat and ill have a gig :D

I've built five of these in the last few months: They are selling like crazy:

AMD 3500+
MSI NeoPlat 4
SilverStone LC16M HTPC case
Antec 500w Smartpower PSU
1GIG Value RAM
1- 80GIG Seagate SATA
1- 300GIG Seagate SATA
1- Plextor PX-716AL/SW slotloading multidrive
x-fi xtreme music
ATI X1300
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500
MCE-Kit
Windows Media Center 2005

You can go lower on price in every category.
This one is like $1400+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom