Wireless for gaming, the temptations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I am making my room into a bit of a media centre (minus WMC lol.)

I have got a IIyama 22" vision master pro 514 CRT monitor for my xbox 360, and as it has two VGA inputs, I want to connect my PC into it, and play CS:S.

So is a Logitech MX1000 any good at gaming? I may get a 518 and try and survive the wire, but it will have to go through a USB 1.1 hub (dedicated to the mouse and maybe a keyboard) will this cause a problem in performance?

And are wireless keyboards any good for gaming? I was going to assume it will be just like the xbox 360 controller, absolutley no lag.

Thanks, Trif.

I've heard wonderful things about the MX1000 as far as gaming goes. I mean, you're payin for it. If I felt the need to go wireless, I'd go with it, but you can't beat the response time and feel of the 518. Although I have no personal experience with the 1000, I've heard a lot of people being very pleased with it.

Ryan

518 is amazingggg!!!!! all the way.

Anyway 22" is way to big to game, imagine playing css on it

the details too big if u get what i mean?

I wanted to play CS at 2048 x 1536 at 85hz on my 7800gt, and hopefuuly GTR at same res if I can find something to clamp my wheel to.

Anyone here have the MX1000?

One thing is for sure, I need a new mouse.

Considering the prices, for gaming you may aswell get the logitech g5 instead of any of them. They are all in the same price range, and thats the best for gaming. With a 2000dpi laser engine you can't go wrong :D
9 buttons on it too :p

Anyone recomend a good wireless keyboard?

I am going to think about the mouse. Too many people talk about the feel of a good mouse, so I think I am going to have to get the 518, as long as there will not be a problem using it on USB1.1.

It works fine on a usb 1.1 port, but while you're ordering stuff from newegg, toss in a pci card with usb2.0 slots...

Ryan

Newegg don't ship to UK, and I have plenty of USB 2.0 ports on my PC.

I have 4 USB ports on my monitor, which will be about 1 1/2 meters closer to me than the PC is, so it saves me having to get an extension cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom