I'm aTotal computer hardware nooby and I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfbait

Beta member
I have for the longest time wanted a computer. My good friend suggested to me making a computer because of the advantages of knowing what you are getting and reduced costs. the only problem is i would not at all have any idea where to start. could some one please get me on the right track. (suggestions, Ideas comments)

first decide what you will be using the computer for, then pick out a motherboard with a chipset that fits what you want to do. You probally are not worried about speed because you are a beginner to computers so dont worry about that. After you get the motherboard with the chip set you want you have to pick out a processor, and the most common one beginners use are pentiums. After that you just have to get ram, power supply, video card (you wont have worry about the video card as because you are a beginner) a hard drive 100 gig will be enough, get a cd rom and a floppy drive and a case and assemble it. There are other options but just for a first computer thats what you need. Get a copy of windows XP and install it

Have you read about buiding your own computer at all? because its not hard and can be quite fun. What is your budget? are you going to be OCing at some point? What do you plan on doing with your new comp? i.e. gaming, browsing, etc.

I know i want It for internet surfing and maybe a bit of gaming. I am very used to using a computer (in the sense of human controls)
Any suggestions of parts I could get
(buget is 300-400$ ... Is changable)

You will need a budget of at least around 600-800 dollars for decent stuff. What kind of gaming is a bit lol. You could go with a cheaper build for like Sempron processor s754 at least 512MB of ram and a 80GB hdd. 9600XT or 6600 but i wouldnt go any lower then a 6800GS and an 64 3000+

A bit (lol) is only like 2-10 games. I only do those and flash games. I have many intrests and would love to be able to pursue these

hmm flash games not so demanding like FEAR and BF2 ok i see so 400 dollars not a bad budget.

So im thinking of a s754 mobo
Sempron processor
512MB of ram
80GB hdd
A decent case with either a psu included or buy a cheap psu
FX5500?

keyboard? monitor? OS?

After you get the motherboard with the chip set you want you have to pick out a processor, and the most common one beginners use are pentiums.
that doesn't make it a good reason to go that way. the main reason beginners choose pentiums is that they don't know of much else. even if you're a beginner you should try to choose parts based on your needs, not just because it's what other beginners choose. i agree with pzerofgh, start off with a simple sempron system

Man Im confused by now
I know hardly nothing about nothing (<------ lol) All I know is that a HDD is a hard drive and its measured in gigabytes. I dont know **** about anything else in the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom