MOBO is WAY too hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karpfish24

In Runtime
my mobo is 61 now under load. what can i do to lower this temp. im in the middle of sleeing my cables to clean things up but what else can i do!

Well if its just an air circulation problem, more fans. Make sure that the chipset fans are working too, if there are any. This comes from personal experience, but check your cables as well. A while back I purchased round IDE cables and a round floppy cable for my computer to replace the ribbon cables. After I installed them, my mobo temp shot up to 55*. I narrowed it down to the round floppy cable. I took it back, bought a different brand, still the same thing. Took it back, went to another store, bought yet another different brand, still the same problem. I put the ribbon cable back in and temps went down. Point being, a problem with a cable could cause a spike in temp.

airflow is your best bet. While what cedjunior said is possible, it's a glitch, and unlikely. The more airflow you get, the cooler that thing is going to stay. You have to remember, if you lower your ambient case temp by 2 or 3 degrees, you can drastically lower everything else's temp.

Ryan

ya i think that im gonna get a more powerful exhaust fan cause right now im using the stock back 120mm maybe a panaflow when newegg gets em back in and i ordered a ton of cable sleeve from xoxide so that will be taken care of.

Perhaps taking the side panel off and just putting a huge like 50cm room fan would make things a bit cooler?

or maybee its the fans you have that just arnt configured properly? theres more to just adding bigger and better fans to your case/chips, a common problem is your exhaust fan is working harder than the input fans and it steals the cool air before it gets to your hardware. if this might be your problem, than get a fan controll unit. when all else fails then take the side panel off and sit a fan next to it.

wow! i just finished sleeving and tucking away all my cables. my mobo temps are down to, what, 36 celcius? my cpu is down 1 or 2 degress to 35. this is amazing. and now my HD is down 10 to 23!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom