While I'm at it................

Status
Not open for further replies.
FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
It totally depends on whether or not you want to hold off. I'd personally just go with a s939 setup... It's not like they're slow or anything. And boys, we need to start saying this right. It is no longer socket M2. It is socket AM2.

Ryan

LOL, Your right. AM2 board it is. Just seems simpler to say M2. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure whether I want to hold off or not.

however it all depends on you, i mean if you planed to go with the new AMD socket then why not new dx10 graphic cards, but personally i would just go for the 939 socket.

Blackmoore said:
All of the cases by Antec are great choices as well. They are solid, heavy, and well made. Putting a PC together in one of their full tower cases is a breeze. All of the drives are screwed in outside the case, and all you have to do is slide them in. I think there is room for 5, 80mm Fans, which are all screwless, and just snap in.

I'd recommend they're cases to anyone. I will never again concider a bargain case for any of my systems. It just makes things so much easier in the end, and its one of those things that is probably the most comprimized in price. Don't ever make the mistake of saying "Well if I buy the $20 Case, I can get the Such and Such Video card with the money I will save." Its not worth it if your one who really cares about your systems, or one who is anal about every little thing being perfect like I am.

Unless he is going to be takign that case everywheres there is no need for a nice solid heavy case like that, I agree it is a nice case. Sometimes you have to go cheaper in the long run if you have a budget and not all cheap cases are bad (thats where your reading of reviews comes in!) I am going to say go with a mid. tower case unless you plan on liq. cooling the computer. My mid size case has more then enought room for me to work in and about being screwless..unless u don't have 2 arms and you want to be lazy and pay more then go for it altho most times(for me) unscrewing and putting it back in the case takes only 2 secs.

My Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144102

just go with s939, AM2 is just a revision of 939/940 anyway. basically they've worked DDR2 support into the memory controller, changed the heatsink fan retainer and slightly changed the pinout to stop people from accidentally using one of the new AM2 cpu's on an old board. there is not enough of a technological improvement to justify the wait.

nitestick said:
just go with s939, AM2 is just a revision of 939/940 anyway. basically they've worked DDR2 support into the memory controller, changed the heatsink fan retainer and slightly changed the pinout to stop people from accidentally using one of the new AM2 cpu's on an old board. there is not enough of a technological improvement to justify the wait.

Yeah, you guys are probably right. One thing though, doesnt the new mobo mean new video cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom