Why is Intel so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley3344

In Runtime
If AMD's processors are so much better than intel then why would Intel sell more processors than AMD? Is it because of advertising, contracts, or what.

harley3344 said:
If AMD's processors are so much better than intel then why would Intel sell more processors than AMD? Is it because of advertising, contracts, or what.

Apparently you didn't put much thought into it before asking such a question.

Can you say Dell?

How many prebuilt companies Have An Intel Proc rather then an AMD one? I can say for sure there are more Companies that have deals with intel then AMD. And that is why.

Add to that Ignorance of many people who think intel is faster because they see a number thats bigger then what AMD put on their procs.

lets not bash on intel too much now.. but, i'll say the intel at my work can handle a beating... its constantly doing multiple things... not small processor either... it could be running illustrator, photoshop, and indesign all at once.. and its only a 3.0 ghz pentium... doesnt even have hyper threading or anything... i don't see the big deal on why people bash intel so much... the intels at my school can take on doom 3 pretty good too, they use the same processor as the ones at my work...

Re: Re: Why is Intel so popular

Ste said:
Apparently you didn't put much thought into it before asking such a question.

Can you say Dell?

How many prebuilt companies Have An Intel Proc rather then an AMD one? I can say for sure there are more Companies that have deals with intel then AMD. And that is why.

Add to that Ignorance of many people who think intel is faster because they see a number thats bigger then what AMD put on their procs.

I had an Idea but i would like to know other peoples thoughts about the subject thank you vary much.

ya.. i'll have to agree though... people just like to see the number... my ignorant friend said his 3.0 ghz pentium would kill my amd 3500+ because its almost a whole ghz faster.... i wanted to slap him....

Cost Effectiveness that is why

Intel nearly hands out their processors. dell, schools, etc.

Well the home user is quite a small market compared to all the schools and buisnesses there are, who all use Intel. My school has about 400 computers in that all have intel CPU's.

Intels are better at applications as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom