CPU Freezes for few minutes then is fine, all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxx6969

Baseband Member
Hello, I didn't know where else to put this question i had, so if it's in the wrong thread please excuse me.

I've been having this problem for about a month now. I turn the comp on within a few minutes of being on everything freezes up for about 5-6 minutes at a time, I've times to see if it's always the same but there was a diffrence once (most of the time between 5-6 mins) how i get it to unfreeze is I press CNTRL+ALT+DEL numerous times then wait and do it again. after a while it comes out of the freezing state and is perfectly fine running like new. Does anyone know what my problem might be. And it always only happens when i turn it on, im thinking it may be when i sign on to aol also but it did happen while i was offline i believe.

thanks

Im currently using Spybot, Adware, Zonealarm and AVG Virus protection, I forgot to mention. DO you think it may be a spyware problem and if so how should i go about fixing it?

i had the same problem with my compaq but it's like 3 years ago now, i restore the computer to a previous point for many times, not just restrore it then unrestore it but restore it then restore it to another previous available restore point, after many restores it came back to life again. maybe if you backup your files you can give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom