First time build. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam3s-Zer0

Daemon Poster
Hi, This is my first build and i need some help with picking the right ram and video card. Below is what i am thinking of getting. I have a monitor, mouse and keyboard at home. All prices are without vat. Please help. Thanks

Case £73.60
Coolermaster Wave Master - Silver (No PSU)

PSU £64.95
Antec TruePower 2.0 550W

Processor £289.95
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ (Socket 939)

Mobo £119.95
Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16 (Socket 939) PCI Express

Hdd £115.90 Each
2*Samsung SpinPoint P SP2004C 200GB SATA-II 8MB Cache

Sound Card £29.95
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX

Mostly video editing but i do play games such as css, call of duty and bf2.
Planning on playing more games on the new pc than this one.

do you plan on ocing .. for vid .. .i think your gonna want somthing like a 7800 and above or the ati 1900

if not ocing ... i mean ocing cpu/ram becasue if you are get some high performance ram if you arent ocing cpu/ram get valueselect .. but you can oc vid cards regardless.....

I have never oc'ed before but my dad does with his pc's. Do you think i should get him to help me oc when he gets back home in a few weeks? He works away long periods at a time.

Theyoyokid303 said:
hmm... for gaming or no......

how is this not good for gaming?? a 4400+ is an excellent processor, you could easily overclock it to fx60 speeds.. and if a 7800gt could fit in your budget, i would suggest that in a heart beat... if you don't feel like spending that much a 6800 gs could work well too, you won't get any great framerates with 1280x1024, but expect close to the best with 1024x768... ram since your not overclocking, i suggest value ram, you probably won't notice the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom