x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
u know my sit. as of now, cant get it to run over like 201. well, at 206 it was liek 42 celcius idle, is this too hot, or can i runt that? im gonna be getting some better fans so i think it should go down but will i be ok running that?

your processor is brand new i'm guessing? the first 100 hours or so after installing the processor it will run slightly hotter because the thermal paste hasn't "cured" yet. after that you should see a noticeable drop in temperature. processors have to be burned in, i really can't explain all the theories of overclocking to you here so my advice is patience and reading. the reason my processor runs cooler is i have managed to "burn it in" and reduce its voltage. also you should not overclock a brand new processor. give it at least a weeks worth of operation first.

ok i didnt think it was so long(like 100 hours) of burn in. ill wait another week or so and then ill see what my temps are, then OC if i feel like it.i changed my mem timings to advertised and im gonna run prime 95 overnight

at the rate i'm going i think i should be able to hit 2.5ghz at stock voltage or maybe still below, but i think its only barely stable at 2.4 with 1.325 so i think i will have to take it back to stock voltage for 2.5. basically i find its **** good for overclocking. i mean if i do make 2.5ghz on stock voltage and stock cooling then surely with an aftermarket cooler i should be able to make 2.8+ghz :O

as long as you keep that voltage below 1.6, you're really hardly running a chance at all. And it's hard to keep the voltage below that. Run it at 1.5 and you're golden.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom