case mod idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhick40

Baseband Member
alright, i was browsing xoxide looking for a cheap way to mod the case im getting. the explorer has a built in fan controller, and fans with double sided molex connectors, so i'm getting three 80mm fans. i also found a logisys led bar, blue to match the case, with the same connectors. if i plugged these in the same circuit as the fans (connected to the controller) would it be lighter/dimmer as it got more or less voltage? i'm assuming that's how the controller works, by decreasing or increasing voltage and i could run the bar from the powersupply, but i thought it would be cool to have it dim in silent mode, and get bright as teh fans ran more.

well yes the light will get darker when you turn it down

but remeber, some 80mm fan when you turn down there speed make awinning noise that will be more anoiing that the fan on full

120 dont do that as much

the case has 80mm slots, but thanks for the advice. i'll try to find quiet fans.

have we got ne pics of ur idea or drawings???

have yew gone ahead with this build??

wiggy

i've already got some of the money, and i'll be building it from the ground up. im getting the case in two days, when i get paid so i don't have to withdraw the money. lol i seriously doubt your cpu is at 7.1, maybe you mean two at 3.55 ghz? its not the same

yes yew are right that is why i have changed my sig!!lol :p

and it because i am not use 2 all the correct terminoligy!!!
i am sort of new 2 this! i mean i know how 2 build pc's and that just not how 2 csrutinize the 100%performance and that!!
why im here 2 learn more and 2 be guided!!

what spec are yew building this one then??
and what case are yew getting?
and finaly what do yew intend doin wit th case??

wiggy

yeah we do seem to be in the same position!lol.
stick together and we will make it. :D

i quite like this case. it seems well ventalated and quite slick.
and are you going to do any mods to th case atall??

wiggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom