neat to try..

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol and numerous people told u that itsa usless idea and waste of money
why would u do that anyway?
its like trying to make a monster truck out of a Wv beetle

You mean Celeron D proccessor? No they are crap compared to any of the AMD dual core processors. Get yourself an Opteron 700 for 400 dollars. They can be oced to 3.0GHZ, that will be faster than anything that Intel can pull out anytime soon.

man people come up with some crazy comparisons. why on earth would you even contemplate comparing an x2 to a celeron. intel didn't exactly design the celeron to compete with the x2. basically a celeron gaming machine is not a smart idea. the biggest thing that holds them back is what FghtinIrshNvrDi said. they are not optimized to work with the little cache they have and suffer for it. because of intel's poor memory controller they chose to equip the pentium 4 with a massive L2 cache. not having that cache cripples the celeron.

sure you can do it and it will work great. the trick is to only play very old games,maybe DOS games in win 98.

It's not a crazy idea. L2 cache hardly matters for gaming, and that's the only thing the celeron lacks.

finally, somebody who doesnt think im on drugs :)

while gaming, if you have the best components on your PC, the processor shouldnt do that much...

Well, that's precisely why celerons suck completely. They have terrible bandwidth to the ram, so intel pumps up the cache to compensate. Well, when you take away thier one single high-point, it's a lame horse. It has no memory capabilities.

Ryan

i have a celeron D 3.0 Ghz and let me tell you.....dont waste ur time. my comp cant barely play crappy games none the less good ones. i have an intel brand mobo w/4 gigs of ram and it can run photoshop, flash, and itunes at the same time but it doesn't do games. think of something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom