2 Very Newbie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,

well, that's an atx mobo, so you go look for cases that support atx. It should be in the specs.

Also, i don't know of the reliability of that mobo. Ask around.

I would not go with biostar unless you already have it.

any "ATX" form factor case will fit.

A compaq restore CD is not a good way to go about installing windows. You should purchase a clean copy for best results. All you'll need is the disc...

Ryan

Biostar makes very good motherboards. Their TForce motherboards are some of the best in town for overclocking, aside from DFI, and their a lot less picky than DFI.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I would not go with biostar unless you already have it.

any "ATX" form factor case will fit.

A compaq restore CD is not a good way to go about installing windows. You should purchase a clean copy for best results. All you'll need is the disc...

Ryan

y not? what's wrong with Biostar? the ratings are 5 stars
i am confused lol...

Nothing, Biostar makes GREAT motherboards. The Tforce series rival DFI in terms of overclocking options. And they are nowhere near as picky about RAM and stuff as DFI. If you don't want to overclock, you just plug everything in and it works. That will not be the case with DFI. I just built a budget PC for my parents with a microatx biostar tforce 6100, it is great. The BIOS looks just like DFI's bios.

Well, I guess I tripped over a couple rotten biostar flukes then, because I dealt with 2 terrible boards. One was completely dead, and one just teased me acting like it was going to live but wouldn't wake up. It just turned all the fans on and whatnot. The stupid things were terrible... I sent it back for 2 gigabytes, and they were BOTH DOA, so now I'm on MSI and completely satisfied.

Ryan

MarceloNJ said:
.How do i install an operating system on my machine? all i need is a windows cd? Can it be a Compaq Recovery cd (windows xp) i got over here?

becardul dude using that compaqed CD is illegal and you could get owned by Microsoft(probly not)

but its better to get a fresh clean coppy (for like $160 :()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom