Maintenance Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Hey all. I've finaly decided to build a comp for the first time. I just have one question.

Where do you suggest I look for the propper tools? Such as, ESD wrist strap, non magnetic screwdriver and the like? Sorry for the noob questions, but I want my first building experience to be a good one. lol

Thanks all.

the non magnetic screwdriver is easy unless you want to be picky, just make sure that it isn't magnetised, it's not really a special screwdriver. ESD wrist straps you can buy at the average electronics hobby store like Radio Shack (assuming you're american) or online http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16899888207
the wrist strap is not completely necessary but its good to see that you are prepared to do things properly :)

edit: sorry about the picture that came up before :p it pasted my last copied link

the local hardware store would be all u need. u don't really have to go over board on the tools just go get some cheap set of screw drivers.

I like using magnetic tiped screwdrivers, they make things easier. The magnetic tip is not going to harm your computer, there is a magnet within your hard drive. It would take something like an industrial grade magnet to harm anything in your computer, with the exception of a floppy disk.

You should be able to get all of your tools at a local computer store or radio shack or the likes. Magnetized screwdrivers are fine. We work with them all the time in my computer class. They havent caused any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom