Bootskins question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobo_man

In Runtime
Hi, I just found out about bootskins today and it's awesome how you can customize the welcome and boot screen.
Question for bootskin users: I don't understand how to convert the files that aren't in .bootskin format to use.

I have the book "Hacking Windows Xp" By Steve Sinchak and I don't understand what it's saying on how to convert the files. Also, if you know any good sites for bootskins and welcome skins, please post. Thanks.

hobo_man said:
Hi, I just found out about bootskins today and it's awesome how you can customize the welcome and boot screen.
Question for bootskin users: I don't understand how to convert the files that aren't in .bootskin format to use.

I have the book "Hacking Windows Xp" By Steve Sinchak and I don't understand what it's saying on how to convert the files. Also, if you know any good sites for bootskins and welcome skins, please post. Thanks.

what files are you wanting to convert?

Well, I have a program that can only read .bootskin files. Really easy to use. Basically, I want to convert any files that will make it readable for my program.

Have you tried to check out Wincustomize.com? They have a whole section dedicated to bootskins. ;)

Nvm People, I found out how to do it. Didn't require any converting at all. All I had to do was add .bootskin to the .zip folder and open it with bootskins, not WinRar. Some .zip already have the bootskin file inside, so I don't need to do the above. Thanks for the help people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom