AGP, Kill it or Keep it?

What do you think of this idea?

• I would love something like that, but I don't know how to create it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would love to work on creating something like that.

• Something like that already exists.

• That wouldn't be useful to many people.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
6800gs PCIE >> 6800gs AGP because of the chipset

This is really a dumb thread though, its like debating if FPDRAM will be replaced by SDRAM. Of course it will, if that wasnt the case then people would still be using 80386's.

Mr_Threepwood said:
6800gs PCIE >> 6800gs AGP because of the chipset

This is really a dumb thread though, its like debating if FPDRAM will be replaced by SDRAM. Of course it will, if that wasnt the case then people would still be using 80386's.

Nice second paragraph, but the AGP 6800GS can be unlocked to 16 pipes (effectively making it a 6800GT), and can be overclocked like !-!ell from there onwards. In some ways, it starts ahead of the PCI-E 6800GS and can overclock farther by its own nature.

AGP is still fine. PCI-E still uses the same bandwidth that 8xAGP does and video cards didnt even take the whole bandwidth of 8XAGP. The only difference really is the SLI compatibility which still dosent make all that much of a difference. My 7800GS and AthlonX2 3800+ will do good for quite some time i think.

Ya... ditch AGP ASAP!

I just bought a cheap card for my AGP in the meantime comp/soon to be server and some idot at amazon labeled the card as both AGP and PCIe... and I bought it w/ gift cards so if it's wrong I can't return it!!! ARGGGG....

I honestly dont see why there would be AGP AM2 boards because s939 will be around for a while. Ppl w/ the nF3 boards and MSI nF4 boards will still be able to use the AGP slots on the s939 boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom