Download IE 7 Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
is ie7 beta 2 safe to use now or is it all buggy with incompatabilities and stuff.

Well the only incompatability that i have found is the FTP aspect of IE7. Other than that i have had absolutely no issues with it.

My experience with Microsoft leads me to believe that IE will never be stable or secure. I sure hope that I am wrong.

internet explorer doesnt have a way to stop viruses, spyware, and installers from going into your computer. Thats why firefox wins!

Microsoft is defending its decision to turn on its ClearType font rendering technology in Internet Explorer 7 even if users have switched it off system-wide.

ClearType, which debuted with Windows XP, is designed to make text more readable on LCD screens. By default, it's disabled in Windows, but Microsoft's IE 7 team has decided to enable it for the browser, even if the user has not turned on the feature Windows-wide.

ClearType can be disabled in IE 7 Beta 2 Preview via the Tools/Internet Options/Advanced dialog. To turn ClearType off, uncheck the box "Use ClearType" under the Multimedia section. Unlike Windows XP, the upcoming Windows Vista will enable ClearType by default.

Hello,

For IE7 Beta2, pls follow the directions to correctly uninstall if you dont want it, I tried to uninstall and could not, then I did a repair install of XP hoping IE6 would come back, but IE6 and IE7 did not work. MS Support did not have an answer either, on the phone or in their KB or newsgroups.

For FF, I found I was cleaning out a lot more spyware/adware than with IE. Additionally, I could not load a lot of webpages with FF...although I never tried to tweak it, it was just a temp fix until I could reinstall XP completely.

Have not tried Opera...but maybe I should.

Thanks all.

I like IE 7, but I hate that bug, which removes cookies all the time.
IE can be set up to be secure, but the price is, that user looses some functionality.

Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) team has been begging, pleading and cajoling folks to test their Web apps with IE 7 beta builds. But sometimes it takes a third-party tester warning to make developers stand up and take notice. At DevSource.com, one IE 7 tester notes that "unless you're using pretty much pure HTML on static pages, your application is going to break in some way."

Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom