Surround sound or High quality headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are good speakers. So are the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1. Don't know about altec lansing.

so is surround sound recommended for gaming? or will very decent headsets do the job? plugged into an X-FI

make sure u look at the sub and see if u have a place for it because when i got klipsch promedia it had a port in the front wires in te back and speakers on the side so it was pain in the *** to find a good location for it because u have to put the speaker facing paralel with the wall otherwise its gonna overload wuickly (happened to my promedias)
so front firing subs are generally easier to setup
oh ye i have logitech right now and they re frikkin awesome

adam02 said:
so is surround sound recommended for gaming? or will very decent headsets do the job? plugged into an X-FI
Surround sound is all fine and good, but if you are like REALLY SERIOUS about your gaming, then a high quality headset would better. You can hear all the little details, footsteps, weaponfire, everything. They also tend to have a very good soundstage. If you don't know what I'm talking about them speakers would probably be best :)

no im leaning towards headsets or "cans". which ones should i get?

Can i get surround sound cans?

are they decent?

adam02 said:
but id really like speakers more than headphones. but i may get headphones in the future.

are these decent with an X-FI card:
and does it matter that its just 5.1 instead of 7.1.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=74753

heres another thing to consider, my room is small but its a box room and my comp is in the middle beside the wall. i guess this is ideal? for surround speakers

I have these speakers and IMO they are the absolute best for the $$

LOL... *chokes because of laughing so hard*. Dude bose headphones SUCK. For gaming get the Sennheiser HD595 headphones. Surround headphones really arn't surround (they DO have 5 little speakers in them, but they are very cheap and sound like crap), and they kinda blow for anything but gaming, and even then, high quality stereo headphones still beat them down.

Audio-Technica and Beyerdynamic also make great gaming headphones.

I love my bose headphones, of course I don't use them for gaming either. But either way they are far from crap.

so would a pair of sennheiser headsets be decent with an XFI sound card?

Also, which sennheiser headset should i get for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom