How do I find out if my cpu is locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
I have a xp2900 barton and want to overclock but the board I have now doesn't have the multiplyer option but I will update the mobo soon. Wasn't there a list or something saying which cpu were locked?

Just go into the BIOS. If you cannot change the bus speed/voltage/or the hurtz variable, then it is locked.

its not just the cpu rating its also the week it was made, because after a certain week they started locking them. When it locked it means you cant change the mulitplier. You can still overclock it but this means raising the fsb, and so raising your memory speed, so needed better more expensive memory.

(woo 1000th post)

Is there a program I could get that would tell me if its locked? The motherboard I have now doesn't display multiplyer.

Plus I have TwinMos 3200 512mbx2 in dual channel. Anybody know if thats good for OCing?

Its home built. I can't check in the bios because my board doesn't have that function. The board is a Chaintech 7NJL6.

I'm pretty sure it does have that function. Every motherboard has that option... Try pressing whatever key it suggests. If it is not suggesting any keys for you to press, then try delete, F10, F1, and F2.

Ryan

dario03 said:
Its home built. I can't check in the bios because my board doesn't have that function. The board is a Chaintech 7NJL6.

Sorry, I mean I don't have the multiplier option in my board. I do have bios options (don't know what I'd do with out them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom