INTEL<>AMD big charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i was looking for an ansver to the biggest question which one is better
INTEL or AMD
and i think i found an answer for everybody(toms found it actually)
but to break it down:
they compared 77 processors
and for amd fans its obvious that top models of amd are always on top of the chart but that doesnt mean all amd processors are faster than intel or opposite.
most of people would buy processors somwhere in the middle of charts

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/11/21/the_mother_of_all_cpu_charts_2005/

so theres plenty to choose from
pick ur processor and compare it to neighbor processors and check the price in newegg or somethin so u can get best bang for the buck

also i hope this thread is not gonna turn into another war of intel fans and amd fans
because its pointless
im using intel and continue to use intel because im more familiar with it but im keepin my eye on amd since im convinced that it performs better in games but im not a big gamer i need faster mp3 encoding and thats where intel is beter as of now
according to this page
http://www.digit-life.com/
also lots of really usefull info on that page

"Intel i38666..."

I wan't to see the link of what "THEY" reviewed and who exactly "THeY" are. :cyclops:

I like AMD better. Not just because everyone else does, but since they seem to be a much more reliable company than intel. When intel made a socket 7 CPU, it only went as fast as 233mhz, and by the time they made the Pentium 2, they went with a whole different kind of socket. When AMD made the K6-2, they stuck with socket 7, and it still had clock speeds of up to 400mhz, and by the time they made the K6-3, It's max was 600mhz.
So when intel simply abandoned all those poor people who spent a couple of grand on a socket 7 PC thinking they were getting something good, AMD stuck with it.
Intel was never a trustworthy company to begin with, Which is why i hate the fact thet they make Mac CPU's now. So reguardless if one CPU is faster than the other, knowone likes a company that likes to abandon their own customers. :rolleyes: :cool:

updated with links now
so as i said its not a battel of intel vs amd post and u already posting how amd is better than intel
let people decie on they own which processor they want from those charts

well i wasnt askin any aquestions in this one i just gave a link to those charts so u people can use them when buying a cpu in ur price range

ye pretty much same charts but they go in alot more detail like cpu history and all that stuff
i updated the link so it works now

but the thing i ve notticed is on P4 630 (3ghz/200mhz) they use ddr2 533mhz(133mhz) instead of usind 200mhz ram

They're trying to make up from poor memory bandwidth with high clock speeds. Just because the ram is faster doesn't mean you can move more information in a given time.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom