video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

guess123

Daemon Poster
if i have an onboard video card and want to get a 9800 pro ( or any other card) can i do this without changing my motherboard?

thanks in advance

Yes yes you can.
Just plug the 9800 into the apg slot and it will automanically disable your video. However, if it does not you can alwasy go into the bios and where it says video=on/off put it on off and you should have no problems

k thanks so it should be no problem? can it work on any motherboard...and can i put any new video card on my motherboard which already has onboard video????

i don't know what you mean by "can it work on any motherboard".

anyway, you can add a new video card to any modern motherboard despite the onboard video or not.

It should fit onto your mobo as long as it has an agp slot. if it does not you will have no where to put it in but if you do you will have no probs
-cheers-

ok thanks alot ...can u just tell me if this cpu is alright for games?

P4

2.66 GHz 800mb fsb

160 gb hard drive

512 ddr ram

and a new video card..possibly 9800 pro ( which i will add on to my motherboard soon)

TY

how can you determine if u have an agp slot???

if i dont then...i have to get a new mobo .....and i need to know what kind of mobo is compatible with new video cards...P4 2.66 ghz ...preferably an asus mobo

sry for all the noob questions...

no worries your here to learn. just gimme the specs of the mobo.
The agp slot is above all your pci slots and looks differn't its normally balck while pci slots are white. its the only differn't slot out of the group.
just gimme specs of that mobo

k i will tell u the specs soon gotta find themm...but what would u say is the best vd card for a fair amout of money right now

something to fulfil most gaming needs and doesnt cost too much ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom