Don't receive certain email images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnselk

Baseband Member
Can someone help me with a software question?

A lot of times instead of getting a "picture" that someone sends me via an email message I get a larger box (black outline or the box and a white interior) with a very small box in the upper left corner with a small red x in it?

I've been getting this for a long time and have been intending to get it resolved.....maybe you can get.....or someone please.

Also, sometimes when someone sends me an email if will something like this.....this wording (Embedded image moved to file: pic15704.jpg) intermingled in the actual email (it's a picture but the picture is not there!). I actually received this yesterday from a friend.

some email services block images in email but theres a selection somewhere that might say display images or block images something sorta like that.

Most of the time images are removed from email to protect. Thunderbird, Outlook due this by default. I have even hound GMail to do it. Most of the time you will see something that says click here to show image. Just do so and that should solve the problem.

This is done to reduce the size of the email. Images are a lot bigger than text and therefor alot easier to send. If you do get a image sent it might not aloways be from someone you trust and could be embedded with a virus, spyware, or malware. That is why most application remove them by default.

hotmail will do it if its in your junk mail but not if the email address is in yor contacts list.

Pictures come thru email as "boxes"

Warez Monster said:
can you forward it to me? what service do you use?

If you send me your email address I will gladly forward it on to you. I can't figure out how to do it otherwise.

I use Yahoo for most all of my email. But I do have Gmail as well.

Makaveli213 said:
Most of the time you will see something that says click here to show image. Just do so and that should solve the problem.

Mine doesn't have the "click here" option...so I can't open it that way either. Sorry.

Embeded Image Problem

Makaveli213 said:
If you do get a image sent it might not aloways be from someone you trust and could be embedded with a virus, spyware, or malware. That is why most application remove them by default.

In other emails I get that embeded image instead of a picture....here's what it says..... (Embedded image moved to file: pic15704.jpg)....but no picture.

What's up with that?

What application do you use to check your email? Do you use Outlook Express and download them? Thunderbird? Or do you just go to the website and checke them there?

If you use Outlook Express i would suggest trying Thunderbird. OE is a piece of junk. Nothing but problems. Thunderbird is made by the nice folks that bring you Firefox and is easy to use.

wolfeyes89 said:
some email services block images in email but theres a selection somewhere that might say display images or block images something sorta like that.

What you see below is added to the bottom of my yahoo email that was supposed to have the picture in it....but instead had the box and red x.

"The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit Preferences - What's This?]"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom