You rate this rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollinLowInKy

Beta member
ATI X1900XTX 512mb 600$
Western Digital Raptor 74g 135$
Platnium OCZ SDRAM DDR 500 (2x1gb) 184 pin 281$
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 ghz (2x1Mb cache) 441$ (will oc to 2.4ghz)
LiteON dvd burner 55$
LiteON CD/DVD rom 20$
DFI LanParty UT RDX200 939 socket ATI radeon XPRESS 200 165$
OCZ OCZ600ADJSLI ATX12V 600w 190$
Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS 7.1 Channels 293$
NEC LCD 19" 4ms response 700:1 ratio 1280:1024 440$

Logitech Mouse 50$
Eclipse Keyboard 50$

Koolance PC3-724BK Water cooling tower usin a Lian LI case 570$
Koolance CPU cooling block 100$
Koolance VID-200-L06 (Vid) 90$
Koolance RAM-30-V06 (RAM) 50$
Koolance HD-50-L06 (HD) 55$

Going to use this primarily for gaming and watching movies with my wife. A little over my 3500$ price range, but i'm willing to take the price hit for current parts. Processor and gfx card will be oc'd... and yes I like ATI, so please no hating.

Thanks, would love to hear your .02 cents

That is one **** of a gaming rig you got there, and sounds like you got some money, but watching movies with it? Might as well get a plasma too.

Save $100 or so and get a standard XT, you will not miss 2fps difference, the X1900 aer great cards, and many people agree, it was the X*** series that was not good.

I would get the rev. 2 ocz ram.

I wouldn't get the raptors, as they are a waste of money. If you really want extra perfromance, the 500gb hdd from Seagate does very well at loading games very quickly.

Don't fidget with the Knobs on the back of the PSU if it still ahs the adjustable rails.

This, Koolance RAM-30-V06 (RAM) 50$ and this Koolance HD-50-L06 (HD) 55$ is a waste of $105.

You are paying extra to have Mr. Fatal1ty's name on the sound card, but its up to you if you want it.

What mouse is that, the MX518 or G5? You may want to consider a opticle mouse mat like steelpad and everglide.

yea... what he said. Unless u don't need the extra space, then go for 2 37 gig raptors raided

Also, I bet u could find a better monitor for cheaper.... look at viewsonics.

Finally, why a dvd burner then a dvd rom/ cd rom? Why not just 1 huge combo? But ok, whatever floats ur boat.

edit: upon looking at it, don't get the 500 gigs if you don't have the money (seeing ur above ur budget). It's more expensive than the raptors, even if you want the 2 74 gigs.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL said:
wow, nice rig. I would say to get a mobo with nf4 but since you like ati i wont say anything about the radeon xpress 200.

If he's planing on using crossfire, he doesn't have a chipset choice. But, if he's not going to use crossfire, I'd suggest the NF4 also. Benchmarks have shown that the X1900XTX performs extremely well on the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe. Better the the Intel one.

And for an HDD - I'd forget the 36 or 74G raptors and go straight for the 150GIGer...

BTW... NICE system!!!

Trifid said:

This, Koolance RAM-30-V06 (RAM) 50$ and this Koolance HD-50-L06 (HD) 55$ is a waste of $105.

****, i'm already spending the 600$ on the liquid cooling tower, might aswell spend the extra 100$ and make all the components liquid cooled.

As for the HD... i like the idea of having 74gb now with the option of raid 0 down the line... Only thing that will be on the hd is HL2, windows XP, xfire and vent, and maybe FEAR if i get bored :)

I wouldn't be using crossfire now, but I like the idea of having the ability to do it in the future...

You guys are probally right about spending extra for fata1ty's name on the sound card, but since I play CSS in cal it couldn't hurt. **** if he's the #1 player in the world, maybe it will rub off on me. :cool:

Thanks for input guys, anything else you can throw at me please do before I make the purchase on monday!

Probably not the motherboard or power supply I would have picked. 8.5/10

Supposedly alot of my friends have told me, water cooling is basially pointless unless your ocing hardcore, and even then you'll dramatically shorten the life of your parts. Is this true? No matter how cool you can keep your cpu, gpu etc, when ocing it will always shorten its lifespan?

I only plan on ocing my X2 4400 from 2.2 to 2.4ghz, how much will this affect its durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom