password

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardo

Beta member
i have a windows operating pc at home and someone has put a password on it.

so the min i turn the pc on from the mains plug it asks for password, i dont know the password and dont have any disks to boot it up again.

any ideas how to get round this

take out the cmos battery for about 5 minutes or so or reset the bios by jumping the cmos jumper which is usually next to the battery which the batery looks like a watch battery.

what does the bios look like in case this does not work please is it a red sort of plug with no wires connecting to two pins out of three if that makes sence, and how do i reset it?

how do i flash it sorry if i seem dim, but my forte is not fixing inside these things! ha ha ha

You can do so by taking out the battery it looks like a phone battery. Warez explained this already.

what does the bios look like in case this does not work please is it a red sort of plug with no wires connecting to two pins out of three if that makes sence, and how do i reset it?

how do i flash it sorry if i seem dim, but my forte is not fixing inside these things! ha ha ha

BIOS Battery

imageview.php

CMOS Jumper

cmosclr500.jpg

thank you very much for that Warez Monster, the jumper shown on your picture is on the two pins to the left of the pins, and mine is on the pins to the right does it matter firstly and secondly what do i do with the plastic jumper?

sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom