AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

I'm sure AMD's warranty would cover the fan failing as long as it was plugged in, and not full of dust that caused stress on the motor and stopped it from spinnig at proper speeds. Otherwise? you're outta luck.

yeah, it makes sense for AMD to cover a failure of a CPU caused by their fan failing and causing overheating (as long as the user takes care of the dust situation). But would a overheating cpu damage the motherboard? and if so would AMD cover that?

If a power supply dies and breaks several components with it. And the PSU is under warrenty, does the PSU manufacturer cover the cost of all the broken components?

Heyyo,

So far I've seen a cpu fry cause of dust, but the mobo was ok. Another time, it melted the slot holder... so it all depends on how fast the comp turns off before breaking point.

LMAO, I would just like to point out, even though everyone has probably realized it on thier own, that the Title Should Be AMD Pro vs Intel Proc, Not, AMD Proc Vs Pentium Proc. Lol, Im sure that was said hundreds of times already, but I wasn't about to read 58 Pages of this thread. :)

Lol.

it does depend on ypour purposes but basically if you want to talk design AMD is by far superior to Intel. AMD understand two keyterms: technology, progress. intel understands brute force. an analogy is that AMD looks at a problem and figures out the most efficient way of dealing with it. Intel on the other hand pull out a pipe wrench and after hitting themselves repeatedly on the head with it attack the problem with it. the best part of the analogy is that the time wasted beating themselves on the head is similar to the time wasted by the netburst architecture dealing with memory :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom